XQSS is a new, weekly LAB series inspired by the simultaneous predictability and complete randomness associated with Asian mega-city life. XQSS can be pronounced ‘excuses’, as it is more or less just a way to post more jamz. The actual, however, is a colloquial acronym for XingQiSi Shuffle, or Thursday Shuffle. The idea is every Thursday I post the last 80 minutes of music that has come up on shuffle; no skipping, no edits, all embarrassment. Mixed by providence, posted by a clocks pip. Get down, karman.
Sometimes, I enjoy some great music.
Sometimes, I enjoy some truly godawful music.
1. The White Eyes (白目樂隊) – All The Things
2. These Arms Are Snakes – Drinking From The Necks Of The Ones You Love
3. Dam – Kalimat (Words)
4. Breather Resist – An Insomniac’s Complexion
5. Lupe Fiasco – Kick Push
6. Charlie McMahon & Gondwana – Scramble
7. Showbread – And The Smokers And Children Shall Be Cast Down
8. The Tallest Man On Earth – Burden Of Tomorrow
9. Beach House – Used To Be
10. Timber – If Weezer Were A Metalcore Band
11. Amateur Party – Gun Fever
12. Graf Orlock – Church Murder AKA Murder In A Church
13. Joan Of Arc – If It Feels / Good, Do it
14. Nouvelle Vague – Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn’t ‘ve)? [The Buzzcocks]
15. The North Sea – Asleep Underneath The Jesus Tree
16. Boston – Don’t Look Back
17. Tightrope – Shit Happens!
18. Bars – I Was Asleep By Now
19. Latterman – Water Manes At The Block’s End
20. Bright Calm Blue – Rare As Radium